Dr. Seuss characters and their stories have consistently been storytime favorites for kids all over the world. Snuggle up and listen to this video reading of the Seuss classic, The Lorax, read by Miss Linda from Brightly Storytime. The Lorax is a timely fable about what happens when greed overtakes respect for nature. Several more stories you can enjoy online follow, it’s Dr. Seuss Online Storytime!
After listening to the story, talk about some of the things that happened in it.
- Who does the Lorax say he speak for? “I speak for …”
- What were some of the animals that lived in the Truffula tree forest?
- Do you remember what the Once-ler make with the Truffula tufts?
- Picture in your mind a place you know that has trees, like your school’s playground, or a park, or your backyard. What would it look like if all the trees were cut down? What would you miss if the trees were gone?
- What problems did the thneed factory cause?
- What does the Once-ler give at the end of the story? Why did he give it?
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out Dr. Seuss books at any of our locations, or check out Dr. Seuss e-books and audiobooks from Overdrive Kids right to your device. If you have never used OverDrive before, you can learn how to use it for both e-books and audiobooks.
Click on the book covers below to listen to more Dr. Seuss video read aloud stories right now! It’s Dr. Seuss storytime online! Did you like these? You can find more stories at Free Video Read Alouds and enjoy even more themed reading and activity fun at IndyPL’s DIY Online Storytimes at Home.
Dr. Suess Classics for a Rainy Day (or any day!) Marathon to Check Out with your IndyPL Library Card
“The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play, so we sat in the house all that cold, cold wet day.” Turn those frowns upside down with one of these sure winners from the king of zany rhyming. Available as e-books and e-audiobooks.
Enjoy this sing along from Seussville’s YouTube channel. Is your tongue quick? Is your tongue slick? Now here’s as easy game to play, here’s an easy thing to say! Can you do it?
Join Us for In-Person Storytime!
- Event: Storytime at Lawrence – Pajama Storytime!
- Date & Time: Monday, October 02, 6:30pm
- Location: Lawrence Branch
- Description: Young children and their caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, and fun. Stay after stories are finished for some literacy activities and play time.
- No Registration Required.
- Event: Storytime at Glendale – Babies
- Date & Time: Tuesday, October 03, 10:30am
- Location: Glendale Branch
- Description: Babies up to 24 months and an adult are invited for stories, songs, fingerplays and fun! Each session is followed by playtime with special toys designed just for babies.
- No Registration Required.
Ask a Library staff member at any of our locations or call, text, or email Ask-a-Librarian. The Tinker Station helpline at (317) 275-4500 is also available. It is staffed by device experts who can answer questions about how to read, watch and listen on a PC, tablet or phone.