In Dylan the Villain, by K.G. Campbell, Mr. and Mrs. Snivels welcome home a new baby, but Dylan isn’t just any baby, he’s the best and the cleverest baby. Dylan is also a super villain! He has a scary costume and a maniacal laugh. When Dylan goes to school for the first time he meets Addison Van Malice. Addison’s costume is even scarier and her laugh is even more maniacal than his! When the teacher announces a robot contest, the competition between these two pint sized super villains really heats up. Listen along as Miss Linda from Brightly Storytime reads this laugh-out loud story of one-ups-manship with super-sized consequences – it’s superhero online storytime!
After reading the story, talk about some of the things that happened in it.
- What did Dylan and the other students need to build to enter the class contest?
- What are some of the things Dylan built into his robot? What are some of the things Addison built into her robot?
- What happened to Addison?
- What happened to Dylan after he won the trophy?
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out books about superheroes at any of our locations, or check out superhero e-books and audiobooks from OverDrive Kids right to your device! If you have never used OverDrive before, you can learn how to use it for both e-books and audiobooks.
Click on the book covers below to listen to more superhero video read aloud stories right now! It’s superhero storytime online! Did you like these? You can find more stories at Free Video Read Alouds and enjoy even more themed reading and activity fun at IndyPL’s DIY Online Storytimes at Home.
Books for Kids Who Love Superheroes to Check Out with your IndyPL Library Card
Have fun introducing your child to your favorite comic book characters in these early reader, picture book, and graphic novel versions of superhero stories for kids. Plus meet some new ones: Kung Fu Robot, Action Cat, and Robot Zot.
“S” is Superman’s favorite letter! “S” starts the word Superman, but also starts words like superhero and save! Can you think of any other “S” words?
Find some crayons or makers to color a picture, practice writing the letters, or see if you can follow your way through a maze without getting stuck.
Join Us for In-Person Storytime!
- Event: Storytime at Lawrence – Pajama Storytime!
- Date & Time: Monday, October 02, 6:30pm
- Location: Lawrence Branch
- Description: Young children and their caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, and fun. Stay after stories are finished for some literacy activities and play time.
- No Registration Required.
- Event: Storytime at Glendale – Babies
- Date & Time: Tuesday, October 03, 10:30am
- Location: Glendale Branch
- Description: Babies up to 24 months and an adult are invited for stories, songs, fingerplays and fun! Each session is followed by playtime with special toys designed just for babies.
- No Registration Required.
Ask a Library staff member at any of our locations or call, text, or email Ask-a-Librarian. The Tinker Station helpline at (317) 275-4500 is also available. It is staffed by device experts who can answer questions about how to read, watch and listen on a PC, tablet or phone.