A long, cold December night is a great time to share favorite Christmas stories! There are many holiday classics to choose from to get your family into the holiday spirit. You can listen to a video read aloud of the favorite, Llama Llama Holiday Drama, by Anna Dewdney, right now! More free video read alouds are listed below along with printable activities and Christmas favorites you can check out with your IndyPL library card. It’s Christmas storytime online! Have a wonderful holiday!
After listening to the story, talk about some of the things that happened in it.
- What does your family like to do during the holidays? Which thing is your favorite?
- Does the llama on the cover look happy? Sad? Worried?
- Have you ever had to wait a long time for something you were excited about? Was it hard to wait? Were there any things that you did to help pass the time?
- Would you rather go to a quiet holiday event or a noisy and crowded holiday event?
- Why is llama happy at the end of the story?
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out books about Christmas at any of our locations, or cheeck out Christmas e-books and audiobooks from OverDrive Kids right to your device. If you have never used OverDrive before, you can learn how to use it for both e-books and audiobooks.
Click on the book covers below to listen to more Christmas video read aloud stories right now! It’s Christmas storytime online! Did you like these? You can find more stories at Free Video Read Alouds and enjoy even more themed reading and activity fun at IndyPL’s DIY Online Storytimes at Home.
Favorite Christmas Stories to Check Out with your IndyPL Library Card
There are many holiday favorites to get your family in the holiday spirit from illustrated versions of the Bible to stories about family traditions to the silly antics of favorite book characters celebrating the holiday in their own unique way. Can Bad Kitty even get on Santa’s nice list? There are 25+ in all. That oughta last ya!
Sing along with Abby, Elmo, a horse, and even some snowballs!
Find some crayons or makers to color a picture, practice writing the letters, or see if you can follow your way through a maze without getting stuck.
Join Us for In-Person Storytime!
- Event: Storytime at Spades Park
- Date & Time: Thursday, February 29, 10:30am
- Location: Spades Park Branch
- Description: Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and an adult are invited to join us for stories and more every Thursday in the Community Room followed by socialization time for children and caregivers.
- No Registration Required.
Ask a Library staff member at any of our locations or call, text, or email Ask-a-Librarian. The Tinker Station helpline at (317) 275-4500 is also available. It is staffed by device experts who can answer questions about how to read, watch and listen on a PC, tablet or phone.