Snuggle up with your favorite little Valentine and enjoy the story Welcome to the Party, a love letter welcoming a child into the family and into the party of life. This Valentine for small children is read aloud by the book’s author, Gabriella Union. Listed below are more favorite Valentine video read alouds, some @home activities and a list of Valentine favorites about love and Valentine’s Day you can check out with your indyPL library card. We love books and we love sharing them with you! Enjoy Valentine’s Day storytime online!
After listening to the story, talk about some of the things that happened in it.
- Why is there a party happening?
- Who is the guest of honor?
- Do you like to snuggle? Who do you snuggle with?
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out books about Valentine’s Day at any of our locations, or check out Valentine’s Day e-books and audiobooks from OverDrive Kids right to your device! If you have never used OverDrive before, you can learn how to use it for both e-books and audiobooks.
Click on the book covers below to listen to more Valentine’s Day video read aloud stories right now! It’s Valentine’s Day storytime online! Did you like these? You can find more stories at Free Video Read Alouds and enjoy even more themed reading and activity fun at IndyPL’s DIY Online Storytimes at Home.
Valentine Picture Books to Check Out with your IndyPL Library Card and Share with your Favorite Little Crush
Snuggle up and read every day but especially on Valentine’s Day! Here are some all-time picture book favorites with the biggest awwww and the biggest laughs.
Sing your heart out to ‘Buddy Like You’ with PAW Patrol!
Find some crayons or makers to color a picture, practice writing the letters, or see if you can follow your way through a maze without getting stuck.
Join Us for In-Person Storytime!
- Event: Storytime at Lawrence – Pajama Storytime!
- Date & Time: Monday, October 02, 6:30pm
- Location: Lawrence Branch
- Description: Young children and their caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, and fun. Stay after stories are finished for some literacy activities and play time.
- No Registration Required.
- Event: Storytime at Glendale – Babies
- Date & Time: Tuesday, October 03, 10:30am
- Location: Glendale Branch
- Description: Babies up to 24 months and an adult are invited for stories, songs, fingerplays and fun! Each session is followed by playtime with special toys designed just for babies.
- No Registration Required.
Ask a Library staff member at any of our locations or call, text, or email Ask-a-Librarian. The Tinker Station helpline at (317) 275-4500 is also available. It is staffed by device experts who can answer questions about how to read, watch and listen on a PC, tablet or phone.