Picture book read along stories play like a movie and are great for listening practice as well as really fun! You can stream picture book videos free with your IndyPL library card. Illustrations move as you watch the narrated stories. Video picture books are especially convenient for car trips. You can check out several at a time and play them multiple times while you have them checked out. They are perfect for “read it again!”
To stream these videos for kids you will need a Hoopla account. Hoopla is the service the Library uses to deliver these videos to you.
Get Started Streaming Picture Book Videos on Hoopla
- You can access Hoopla to stream picture book videos from any device, including iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
- Visit hoopladigital.com to sign up with your library card.
- Once you borrow a movie, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like.
- Your total borrows reset on the 1st of the month.
- Once you have reached your 10 items a month borrowing limit, you will not be able to borrow any Hoopla content until the new month starts and your 10 borrows reset.
- Need help? Watch a video tutorial.
Here are a few favorites to get you started, or see Hoopla’s complete list of picture book videos for kids.
Need more help? Ask a Library staff member at any of our locations or call, text, or email Ask-a-Librarian. The Tinker Station helpline at (317) 275-4500 is also available. It is staffed by device experts who can answer questions about how to read, watch and listen on a PC, tablet or phone.